Hilltop teachers shall strive to excel and meet the contractual requirements for their teaching areas, this shall form the basis of their annual assessment. Teachers are required to,
1. Exhibit or learn to exhibit personal traits such as cleanliness, tidiness and good spoken english.
2. Should exhibit a positive attitude towards work; i.e. punctuality, cheerfulness, showing initiative, meeting deadlines and rarely absenting himself or herself from school.
3. Should study the syllabus, consult prescribed textbooks and other secondary reference books to prepare schemas of work and notes for teaching. Teachers shall be ready to improve their teaching skills by attending in-service trainings, professional courses and seminars.
4. Should suitably prepare and present lesson notes well. Teachers shall manage their classes with no favoritism.
Should ensure there teaching is supported by sufficient exercises and homework; assignments shall be marked and teachers shall keep up to date neat and correct records.
5. Shall have good human relations, relating well with to students and teaching colleagues thereby promoting a cordial relationship with Hilltop parents.
6. Should exhibit positive social traits which shall include participation in extracurricular activities and fostering a positive relationship between teachers, parents, management and board members of the school.
7. Should not use their position to solicit help or favours from pupils and parents.